Economical non-absorbent floating booms provide 1,800 lb. of actual breaking strength to contain waterborne oil spills and debris on calm water.
- Rectangular, closed-cell polyethylene foam flotation blocks corral liquids and debris up to 6" above the water line
- Skirting barrier hangs 10" below the water line to keep pollutants from creeping under
- Galvanized steel chain runs the length of the boom to add weight and rigidity
- Heavy-duty, 22-ounce vinyl-coated polyester is UV resistant for regular outdoor use
- Welded, reinforced seams ensure long life
- Marine-grade aluminum universal slide connectors and attached toggle pins let you link multiple booms
- Quality construction provides 1,800 lb. actual breaking strength
- Compact size allows easy deployment
- High-visibility yellow for instant recognition in emergencies
- Conforms to OPA-90 specifications; ideal for economical use in inner harbors, marinas and waterways
- Cleans easily using detergents, steam or power washing
- Add PIG Oil-Only Booms to absorb petroleum-based pollutants
- Need a custom boom? Call 1-800-HOT-HOGS (468-4647)
|Dimensions||25' L x 16" H|
|Brand||Elastec American Marine|
|Current Type||Calm Water & Low Current|
|Intended Use||On Water|
|Sold as||1 each|
|# per Pallet||8|
Boom - PVC
Chain - Galvanized Steel
|Pigalog® Page Number||Page 185|
- Product Data Sheet (PDS)
33 CFR 154.1040
Facilities transferring materials that could cause substantial harm to the environment must have at least 200 feet of containment boom available within one hour of a spill, and suitable quantities of absorbent materials available within two hours of a spill.
40 CFR 112.7
SPCC planning requirements state that facilities subject to these regulations must have written plans in place discussing the products, countermeasures and procedures that are in place, or will be taken by the facility to prevent discharge of oil into waters of the United States.
40 CFR 122.26
When applying for a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit, facilities must have a plan in place that describes actions, procedures, control techniques, management practices and equipment available to prevent illegal discharge of pollutants into waterways.
Sign Up for PIG Deals
Score incredible offers, insightful info, cool promos, handy tips and more!
You're signed up! Keep an eye out for exclusive promos sent to your inbox.