Question: How long will the WashBlocker Dike last?
Answer: The WashBlocker Dike will last about five years, depending on how many times it’s used, what temperature it’s used and stored in and the chemicals it comes in contact with.
The WashBlocker Dike is a temporary and removable barrier that you can use when you need to prevent liquid from reaching a close-by area indoors or outdoors. Its tacky urethane construction creates a leakproof seal on dry floors.
Like most urethane products, it should be used and stored between zero degrees Fahrenheit and 120 degrees Fahrenheit. Its maximum exposure limit is 225 degrees Fahrenheit for up to 30 minutes, at which point it will start to decompose.
Having a product on-hand like the WashBlocker Dike will help you comply with Spill Prevention, Control and Countermeasures regulations and if you apply for a National Pollution Discharge Elimination System permit.
You can take a look at the compatibility guide to see what chemicals the WashBlocker Dike. If the product does come in contact with an incompatible material, it will degrade and be unusable.
The Washblocker Dike can be used on-and-off as needed while it is still in good, working condition. If you don’t use the product often, you should still inspect it to see if it’s holding up or starting to degrade.
Here are some tips on using, caring and storing the WashBlocker Dike:
- Deploy on a clean, dry surface to ensure adequate seal
- Lift slowly and watch for tears when finished to avoid tearing
- Thoroughly clean all debris and spill residue with warm, soapy water before storing
- Use the protective plastic sheet that comes with the product to prevent it from coming into contact with the storage container or other materials
- Store flat in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight
You tell us: What other questions do you have about the PIG WashBlocker Dike? Let us know in the comments section below!
Leave a Reply