Optimax I Boom
Contain oil spills and debris in rough waters with the 6,400 lb. breaking strength of durable non-absorbent floating Optimax I Booms.
- Round polystyrene flotation boom corrals liquids and debris while skirting hangs below to keep pollutants from creeping under
- Vinyl-coated, UV-resistant polyester withstands up to 12-month deployment; 6,400 lb. breaking strength
- Link multiple booms with aluminum universal slide connectors
- Nylon handles allow single-person handling and anchoring
- Conforms to OPA-90 specs for protected water and fast currents
- Ideal in streams, rivers, estuaries, near-shore ocean environments and other areas with moderately fast flow
- Add PIG Oil-Only Booms to absorb petroleum-based pollutants
- Need a custom boom? Call 1-800-HOT-HOGS (468-4647)
|Dimensions||100' L x 19" H|
|Application||Spill Response on Water|
|Brand||Elastec American Marine|
|Current Type||Moderate Current|
|Sold as||1 each|
|# per Pallet||2|
Skin - PVC
Flotation - Polystyrene
Chain - Galvanized Steel
|Pigalog® Page Number||Page 181|
- Product Data Sheet (PDS)
33 CFR 154.1040
Facilities transferring materials that could cause substantial harm to the environment must have at least 200 feet of containment boom available within one hour of a spill, and suitable quantities of absorbent materials available within two hours of a spill.
33 CFR 154.545(a)
Facilities transferring oil or hazardous materials in bulk that have the potential to discharge oil or hazardous materials on water must have ready access to containment materials and equipment.
40 CFR 112.7
SPCC planning requirements state that facilities subject to these regulations must have written plans in place discussing the products, countermeasures and procedures that are in place, or will be taken by the facility to prevent discharge of oil into waters of the United States.
40 CFR 122.26
When applying for a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit, facilities must have a plan in place that describes actions, procedures, control techniques, management practices and equipment available to prevent illegal discharge of pollutants into waterways.
Sign Up for PIG Deals
Score incredible offers, insightful info, cool promos, handy tips and more!
You're signed up! Keep an eye out for exclusive promos sent to your inbox.