PIG® HazMat Chemical Absorbent Sock
Contain and absorb small spills of concentrated chemicals including acids, bases or other corrosives.
- Absorbs acids, bases, corrosives, chemicals and unknown liquids, even those with high concentrations like 98% sulfuric acid and 30% sodium hydroxide
- Chemical-resistant sock won't degrade or cause a dangerous reaction upon contact with corrosive spills
- Excellent for quickly diking and stopping the spread of chemical spills; for diking larger chemical spills, consider our larger diameter PIG HazMat Dikes
- Polypropylene skin resists chemicals and tearing; reduces dust and holds in liquid, even when saturated
- Polypropylene filler is highly absorbent for containing corrosive or reactive spills
- Pink color is easily distinguishable to assure workers use the correct sock during a spill emergency
- Can be incinerated after use to reduce waste
- Nobody knows more about socks than New Pig - we invented them!
|Dimensions||ext. dia. 3" x 46" L|
|Absorbency||Up to 9 gal. per box|
|Absorbency per||Up to 100 oz. per sock|
|Application||Leaks & Drips, Maintenance|
|Fluid Absorbed||Acids; Bases; Unknowns|
|Skin/Outer Mesh||Skin - Polypropylene|
|Sold as||12 socks per box|
|NSN (National Stock Number)||7930-01-332-0795|
|# per Pallet||30|
|Pigalog® Page Number||Page 70|
- Product Data Sheet (PDS)
- Chemical Compatibility for PIG Hazardous Chemical Absorbents
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for PIG® HAZ-MAT Absorbents
29 CFR 1910.22(a)(2)
Floors in the workplace should be, "maintained in a clean and, so far as possible, a dry condition."
To ensure effectiveness and your safety, we recommend that you conduct compatibility and absorption testing of your chemicals with PIG® HAZ-MAT products prior to purchase. If you have any questions or need samples to test, please call Technical Services.
Chemical absorbent sock
Great sock thats easy to store
Sign Up for PIG Deals
Score incredible offers, insightful info, cool promos, handy tips and more!
You're signed up! Keep an eye out for exclusive promos sent to your inbox.