PIG® HazMat Spill Kit in 20-Gallon Overpack Salvage Drum
Strong enough to earn a UN rating for shipping chemical spill cleanup waste.
- Comply with Spill Plan regs, avoid fines and be ready to respond with the #1 kit for chemical spills
- Overpack drum container is UN Rated for shipping waste after spill cleanup
- Neatly prepacked container speeds access during a spill emergency
- PIG HazMat Socks stop spreading spills; PIG HazMat Pads and Pillows absorb quickly
- PIG HazMat Absorbents are specially treated for unsurpassed performance with concentrated corrosives, such as 98% sulfuric acid and 30% sodium hydroxide
- Overpack is X-rated in Packing Groups I, II and III for shipping spill cleanup waste by land, sea or rail
- Lightweight, polypropylene container resists chemicals and keeps contents clean and dry
- Two broom holes 180-degrees opposite each other on the lid allow 100% positive leverage for easy opening and closing with a broom handle or bar
- Bold "Spill Kit" lettering for quick identification
- Ledges molded into container make kit easy to move by forklift; foot hold in the drum base allows you to hold the drum securely in position while opening or closing the lid
- Apply a tamperproof seal to alignment holes on lid and drum to ensure contents aren't disturbed
- Features enhanced lid and base design for added strength and security for stacking or if the drum is accidentally dropped
- Note: A PIG Overpack Protection Cover (available separately) is suggested for outdoor storage to protect container from UV degradation and weathering
- Only PIG Spill Kits feature PIG HazMat Absorbents that handle highly concentrated corrosives better than any other absorbent on the market
- For information on custom spill kits, just call 1-800-HOT-HOGS (468-4647)
- Spill Kit dimensions are approximate
|Dimensions||ext. dia. 23" x 19" H|
|Absorbency||Up to 11 gal.|
|Fluid Absorbed||Acids; Bases; Unknowns|
|Sold as||1 each|
|# per Pallet||12|
Container - Injection Molded Copolymer Polypropylene
Mats, Socks and Pillows - Polypropylene
6 - ext. dia. 3" x 46" L PIG® HazMat Chemical Absorbent Sock (124CR)
6 - 15" W x 20" L PIG® HazMat Chemical Absorbent Mat Pad (MAT301)
5 - 17" W x 16" L x 2" H PIG® HazMat Chemical Absorbent Pillow (HR7015)
5 - 18" W x 30" H Polyethylene Disposal Bags (BAG201-S)
6 - 2" W x 6" L Tamperproof Seal Label (LBL100)
1 - ext. dia. 23" x 19" H PIG® Overpack Salvage Drum (PAK708-WH)
1 - Instructions
|Pigalog® Page Number||Page 108|
- Product Data Sheet (PDS)
- Chemical Compatibility for PIG Spill Kits
- Chemical Compatibility for PIG Hazardous Chemical Absorbents
- Chemical Compatibility for LDPE Products
- Instructions for Overpack Containers
- Instructions for PIG Spill Kits
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for PIG® HAZ-MAT Absorbents
29 CFR 1910.120(j)(1)(vii)
OSHA's HAZWOPER standard requires spill responders to have, "DOT specified salvage drums or containers and suitable quantities of proper absorbents," in areas where spills may occur.
40 CFR 263.30(a)
Immediate action (a) In the event of a discharge of hazardous waste during transportation, the transporter must take appropriate immediate action to protect human health and the environment (e.g., notify local authorities, dike the discharge area).
40 CFR 263.31
Discharge Clean up. A transporter must clean up any hazardous waste discharge that occurs during transportation or take such action as may be required or approved by Federal, State, or local officials so that the hazardous waste discharge no longer presents a hazard to human health or the environment.
49 CFR 173.3(c)(1)
If a container of hazardous waste is damaged or leaking, it can be placed in a compatible salvage drum that meets UN criteria for shipping.
- Certifications, Approvals and Ratings
To ensure effectiveness and your safety, we recommend that you conduct compatibility and absorption testing of your chemicals with PIG® HAZ-MAT products prior to purchase. If you have any questions or need samples to test, please call Technical Services.
Accessories for KIT311
Refill for PIG® HazMat Spill Kit in 20-Gallon Container
- Absorbs up to 11 gal.
- Absorbs Acids; Bases; Unknowns
PIG® High-Visibility Overpack Protection Cover
- For 20 and 30 gal. Spill Kits and Overpacks
- High-Visibility Green
Amazing Customer Service
Sign Up for PIG Deals
Score incredible offers, insightful info, cool promos, handy tips and more!
You're signed up! Keep an eye out for exclusive promos sent to your inbox.