PIG® Oil-Only Absorbent Boom
Confine and absorb oil and fuel spills on water.
- Absorbs and retains oils and oil-based liquids - including lubricants and fuels - without taking in a drop of water
- Booms float at surface for easy retrieval, even when saturated
- Tough outer mesh is UV resistant for long-term outdoor use without degradation; lets fluids easily pass through to filler material
- Rope running along length of boom withstands up to 400-lb. loads, adding strength for deployment and retrieval
- Spunbond polypropylene skin is UV resistant up to 12 months; meets ANSI and MIL-SPEC standards for static decay
- Strong, zinc-plated carbon steel attachment clips and rings allow you to link booms together for greater length
- Bright white color makes booms easier to see in outdoor environments and clearly shows saturation level
- Can be incinerated after use to reduce waste or for fuels blending
|Dimensions||ext. dia. 5" x 10' L|
|Recycled Content||98% Pre-Consumer Recycled Polypropylene Filler|
|Absorbency||Up to 24 gal. per bag|
|Absorbency per||Up to 6 gal. per boom|
|Application||Spill Response on Water|
|Clip/Ring||Zinc Plated Carbon Steel|
|Fluid Absorbed||Oils; Fuels; Oil-Based Liquids (Not Water)|
|Skin/Outer Mesh||Skin - Polypropylene, Outer Mesh - Polyester|
|Sold as||4 booms per bag|
|NSN (National Stock Number)||7930-01-436-8329|
|# per Pallet||12|
|Pigalog® Page Number||Page 57|
- Product Data Sheet (PDS)
- UV-Resistance Comparison Testing of Spunbond and Meltblown
- Spill Response Training: Absorbent Booms
- Instructions for Using PIG® Absorbent Booms
- Technical Data Sheet for PIG® Oil Only Absorbents
40 CFR 112.7
SPCC planning requirements state that facilities subject to these regulations must have written plans in place discussing the products, countermeasures and procedures that are in place, or will be taken by the facility to prevent discharge of oil into waters of the United States.
40 CFR 122.26
When applying for a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit, facilities must have a plan in place that describes actions, procedures, control techniques, management practices and equipment available to prevent illegal discharge of pollutants into waterways.
- Certifications, Approvals and Ratings
Accessories for BOM405
waste water pit
Good reliable product
Worth Twice The Money
Pig Oil Absorbent Socks
Sign Up for PIG Deals
Score incredible offers, insightful info, cool promos, handy tips and more!
You're signed up! Keep an eye out for exclusive promos sent to your inbox.