PIG® Oil-Only Railroad Absorbent Mat with Poly Backing
Specially made to absorb oils and fuels around railroad tracks during railcar maintenance.
- 59" width roll fits right between standard rails; 19" width roll (MAT466, sold separately) can be used on the outside of rails
- This heavy-duty three-ply mat is designed specifically to absorb oils and fuels, not water, from railcars during railyard maintenance
- Top layer is constructed with a tough geotextile fabric for added durability; UV resistant for outdoor use
- Highly absorbent polypropylene middle layer traps oils but allows rainwater to evaporate; bottom barrier film prevents liquids from leaching into the ground
- Border along outside edge provides for convenient tacking and prevents leakage
- Won't rip, tear or fray even when saturated; liquids absorb quickly for faster, easier cleanups and safer workplaces
- Mat rolls can be cut with a utility knife or scissors
- Mats take on the properties of absorbed liquids - always take proper precautions when handling saturated absorbents
|Dimensions||59" W x 100' L|
|Absorbency||Up to 60 gal. per bag|
|Absorbency per||Up to 60 gal. per roll|
|Category||Oil-Only Railroad Absorbent Mat|
|Flammability Specifications||Flame Resistant - Will melt and self-extinguish|
|Fluid Absorbed||Oils; Fuels; Oil-Based Liquids (Not Water)|
|Indoor/Outdoor||Long-Term Outdoor Use|
|Traffic||Heavy Foot Traffic; Carts & Equipment|
|UV Resistance Time||Up to 12 months|
|Sold as||1 roll per bag|
|# per Pallet||9|
Absorbent - Polypropylene
Backing - Polyethylene
|Pigalog® Page Number||Page 48|
- Product Data Sheet (PDS)
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for PIG® Oil Only Absorbent Railroad & Ground Mat
40 CFR 112.7
SPCC planning requirements state that facilities subject to these regulations must have written plans in place discussing the products, countermeasures and procedures that are in place, or will be taken by the facility to prevent discharge of oil into waters of the United States.
40 CFR 122.26
When applying for a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit, facilities must have a plan in place that describes actions, procedures, control techniques, management practices and equipment available to prevent illegal discharge of pollutants into waterways.
DisclaimerSafety Instructions Regarding Flammable Liquids for Flame Resistant Mats
Pig Absorbent Mats are flame resistant in their unused state, but take on the properties of flammable liquids they absorb. Always take proper precautions against potential ignition in handling and disposal of these mats if they have absorbed flammable liquids. For further assistance, please call Technical Services.
Accessories for MAT465
Oil-Only Railroad Absorbant Mat with Poly Backing
Product works great
Sign Up for PIG Deals
Score incredible offers, insightful info, cool promos, handy tips and more!
You're signed up! Keep an eye out for exclusive promos sent to your inbox.