Features and Benefits
Cleans up the thin, oily residue floating on large bodies of water that other absorbents leave behind.
- Proprietary filler blends high-capacity recycled cellulose with a copolymer that pulls in thin, filmy sheens of oil
- Ideal for long-term deployment to remove sheen after oil-based spills or absorb oil residue on large bodies of water; also effective in retention ponds, catch basins and tanks
- Tough outer mesh is UV resistant for long-term outdoor use without degradation; lets fluids easily pass through to filler material
- Rope running along length of boom withstands up to 400-lb. loads, adding strength for deployment and retrieval
- Spunbond polypropylene skin is UV resistant up to 12 months; meets ANSI and MIL spec standards for static decay
- Absorbs and retains oils and oil-based liquids - including lubricants and fuels - without taking in a drop of water
- Durable steel clips and rings allow you to link booms together
- Not recommended for use with acids, bases or other corrosive liquids
Quality and Certification Checks
|Dimensions||ext. dia. 5" x 10' L|
|Recycled Content||90% Post-Consumer Recycled Cellulose Waste|
|Absorbency||Up to 24 gal. per bag|
|Absorbency per||Up to 6 gal. per boom|
|Filler||Hydrophobic Cellulose & Copolymer Proprietary Blend|
|Fluid Absorbed||Oils, Fuels, Other Oil-Based Liquids Only|
|Skin/Outer Mesh||Skin - Polypropylene|
|Sold as||4 booms per bag|
|# per Pallet||12|
|Pigalog® Page Number||Page 57|
- Product Data Sheet (PDS)
- UV-Resistance Comparison Testing of Spunbond and Meltblown
- Spill Response Training: Absorbent Booms
- Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for PIG® Sheen Clean® Oil-Only Absorbents
40 CFR 112.7
SPCC planning requirements state that facilities subject to these regulations must have written plans in place discussing the products, countermeasures and procedures that are in place, or will be taken by the facility to prevent discharge of oil into waters of the United States.
40 CFR 122.26
When applying for a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit, facilities must have a plan in place that describes actions, procedures, control techniques, management practices and equipment available to prevent illegal discharge of pollutants into waterways.
- Certifications, Approvals and Ratings
DisclaimerCorrosive Liquids Notice
Not recommended for acids, bases or other corrosive liquids.
Sign Up for PIG Deals
Score incredible offers, insightful info, cool promos, handy tips and more!
You're signed up! Keep an eye out for exclusive promos sent to your inbox.