Super Swamp Boom
Non-absorbent floating booms quickly contain oil spills and small debris in swamps or calm, shallow waters.
- Round, closed-cell polyethylene flotation cylinders contain oil and debris up to 4" above water line
- Skirting barrier hangs 6" below water line to keep pollutants from creeping under
- Galvanized steel chain runs length of boom to add weight and rigidity
- Heavy-duty, 22-ounce vinyl-coated polyester with welded seams resists UV in regular outdoor use
- Link units using marine-grade aluminum universal slide connectors and attached toggle pins
- 1,800 lb. actual breaking strength
- Polypropylene handle/anchor point allows easy one-person deployment from barges, boats, trailers, docks or shore
- High-visibility yellow speeds recognition in emergencies
- Conforms to OPA-90 specifications
- Cleans easily using detergent, steam or power washing
- Easy to transport and store
- Add PIG Oil-Only Booms to absorb petroleum-based pollutants
- Need a custom boom? Call 1-800-HOT-HOGS (468-4647)
|Dimensions||50' L x 10" H|
|Brand||Elastec American Marine|
|Current Type||Calm Water & Low Current|
|Intended Use||On Water|
|Sold as||1 each|
|# per Pallet||8|
Boom - PVC
Chain - Galvanized Steel
|Pigalog® Page Number||Page 185|
- Product Data Sheet (PDS)
33 CFR 154.1040
Facilities transferring materials that could cause substantial harm to the environment must have at least 200 feet of containment boom available within one hour of a spill, and suitable quantities of absorbent materials available within two hours of a spill.
40 CFR 112.7
SPCC planning requirements state that facilities subject to these regulations must have written plans in place discussing the products, countermeasures and procedures that are in place, or will be taken by the facility to prevent discharge of oil into waters of the United States.
40 CFR 122.26
When applying for a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit, facilities must have a plan in place that describes actions, procedures, control techniques, management practices and equipment available to prevent illegal discharge of pollutants into waterways.
Sign Up for PIG Deals
Score incredible offers, insightful info, cool promos, handy tips and more!
You're signed up! Keep an eye out for exclusive promos sent to your inbox.